April 20, 2009

Monday training with the group




Agility on mondays!
As fun as always!
Today I went early to walk the dogs, and then train a bit with Aila.
It went well. She loves to jump and understands the handling quite well. She can still jump quite freely. I got her to go up half of the A and the "balance" (english words missing again!).
Vazy was doing really well today! She's so fast that I almost can't make the whole track 'cause I get too tired! I have to work on my stamina!
I have to work on the zones though! But otherwise she made an almost fault-free track. It was me that didn't see well enough in the dark for one obstacle, and the other one she was supposed to go from the back, and then I pointed at the jump, so she took it the wrong way..
I feel I'm learning so much, and I'm getting more aware of my body language..
The slalom training is super fun! Vazy loves the "tunnel" exercice. And now I can put the two slaloms almost all the way together and she's still getting the right technique! I will just continue like this, and hope to see this technique when only using one slalom soon... I took some pics of it, but I forgot the camera in the car!

Tomorrow I'm going training at the club with kicki. And then we're going to look at "rescue dog" training. Gonna be fun! I hope that Kicki brings her camera, because mine ran out of batteries and, as I said, I forgot it in the car. I'll put the pics up tomorrow with another evaluation of the day. I'm planning to train a bit more agility; zones and slalom mostly. Then I'm gonna continue my work with the "square" and the jump for the obedience. I'm also training more "sit-down-stand", and she's getting better!

Have a good night! I'm definitely gonna sleep well. Busy week!!

(ps. the two other dogs on the pictures are people from my training group. It was the small dogs that got to start off that training, and therefore they also got to enjoy the sun. After it got to dark to take any more photos... next time maybe!)

1 comment:

Marlene said...

På blocket finns det ju en del cyklar och returmarkander brukar ha stabila, äldre cyklar som inte kostar så mycket. Jag ska också börja cykla nu med mina när snön försvunnit! Så effektivt sätt att göra av med energi och bygga muskler och kondition!

Det enda "felet" jag ser på aussien är all päls, var intresserad av rasen innan jag bestämde mig för Kelpien men stod inte ut med all päls! ;)