April 6, 2009

First agility practice of the season..


Today I went for a long walk next to the club before everyone in my agility-training group came. Mathieu had forgot his keys, so I went to meet him at the metro, and Aila went home with him.
I tried to keep Vazy as warm as possible during the whole training (but I can't afford a cover for her though..), to avoid problems with her muscles.. It seemed to work.
Vazy was doing really good at the agility, but I sucked!
I really don't know what I'm doing, and Vazy is so sensitive and fast, so I just end up confusing her and myself. But I guess that's what the training group is for. I got some really good advice, and at the end I managed the hard part, so that was great! If I could get advice like that more often, I think I could get somewhere. Right now I feel like I'm walking in the dark, feeling for things but not knowing where they are or how to get where I want to..
But it's only the first day of the season, and I'm gonna practice the zones and other stuff when I'm going by the club for my obedience training. I really wish I could get some nicer zones! Right now, Vazy is not sure what to do, and neither am I.
Hopefully we will manage to get some instructor over to show us how to do it.. Well, a lot to do this year!
And we're having a competition in 2 weeks time (or something like it). Scary!

1 comment:

Matilda said...

Pappa ska kolla idag från försäkringskassan om hemförsäkringen eller liknande kan täcka kostnaderna. Han är ju bra på att prata så jag håller tummarna!

Kram! Hoppas du har en trevlig vecka, jag åker ju imorrn :)