April 19, 2009

Another sunny day!

Well. Today I brought mathieu and went to meet Jessi at SSBK again. We did some slalom and "the square" again, and Vazy got it right straight away! That's the first time! So happy!!
The we tried with the cone and then the square. She was a bit confused at first, but then she got it. Need some more training there. But I'm still only gonna compete in class II first..
I'm training the slalom with putting two smaller slalom paralell. Cause Vazy can do it right from any direction, but she needs more speed. So my thought was getting the speed through this technique, but the "entrance" through clicker training. I just hope that she can assimilate the two, and mix them together. Because the goal of this is for her to get another technique in the slalom to go faster.. Since she's putting the two paws on each side now, she's bending more around the sticks, while I want her to weave straighter through, with one paw on each side. We'll see!
I'm using the same technique for Aila now, but she got a wide "tunnel" in between the slalom still. Because as soon as I make it small enough to touch her, she's going out. So she needs more time. Then I'm practicing the "stand" and "down". It was the same as usual. The "down" is good and fast, but she hasn't really got the "stand" yet.
Anyway, also did some jumping with Aila. She really likes it, and I have to run quite close to the jumps, but far enough for me to be able to run straight anyway. So that's nice. She's gotten scared of everything she has to walk up on. So I don't know if she'll get over it. Otherwise I guess I'll just do the jumping class with her. We'll see.... She might get better. I'll practice some more when she's hungry and I've got the best food she knows (maybe some good meat...).

With Vazy we also tried to do some "come" with "stand", but only the beginning. Which I do like this;
I have someone with me, where she starts, I call her in and then I give a release command. When she hears that, she should know that the reward is with the other person, which makes her turn back fast. So I want her to be "pulled" towards the back. Then when she's doing that without hesitation, I'll put the stop command, and then release her to get the reward behind again.. We'll see if we get there. Otherwise I think we're not so far from ready for the class II obedience.. There is still some small stuff to sort out (she could still be better at the "sit, stand, down", cause she's still taking a step or two at the "stand")...

Anyway. Good day as usual! I think Jessi took a pic or two again, so I might borrow one later on.. Next time I'll try to remember to bring my camera!

(Yesterday I was lying in all day with a terrible headache. I couldn't move.. So that's why I didn't write anything).

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Myran har jag bara haft ett halvår så henne har jag inte tränat så mycket med, henne får man ha en "tumme i ögat" så att hon inte visar intrese. Men har aldrig haft problem, hon kan springa iväg några meter men kommer alltid tillbaka när jag ropar.

Fokuz har lyckats sticka iväg några gånger, spelade ingen roll om man slängde godis framför nosen på honom han skulle spåra!

Jag tränar mycket med Fokuz i lina och belönar honom i det läget han markerat att han känner doft/ser vilt. Och fångat upp honom innan han hunnit bli viltblockerad. Nu säger jag bestämt "glöm det" åt honom ifall han visar intresse och då går han vidare. Det är dock sämre med katter, hästar och får ;) Vill inte att han ska tjuvvalla men det är som att säga till ett barn i en godisaffär att de inte får titta ens på godiset ;)
Fokuz har iofs inte lyckats jaga vilt så många gånger då jag tidigt tränade och hindrat honom i förebyggande syfte eftersom jag haft två hundar som var omöjligt viltintersserade!

Tror inte det är något problem att lära Aila, hon är väl rätt ung än? Tålamod och massor med träning!

Madelen said...

Verkar slalomträningen bli bra med den metoden? Jag kan fortfarande inte bestämma mig, 2x2 eller korridorträning...hmm. Kul att rutträningen gick så bra!

AnnLoice said...

Tack för grattiset !!!
Vilken häftig logga du har gjort, riktigt fin !
Nu är utställningarn färdig för oss i sommar. Sparven börjar tappa pälsen så vi får komma igen i höst eller nästa år. Men jag kommer nog och tittar på er om ni ska ställa på midnattsolsutställningen.

AnnLoice said...

27juni är Gällivare-utställningen annars är det Piteå internationella 5juli

Sussie said...

Jo dom är lika, men faktiskt också väldigt olika. Så kul att man kan se att dom är kullsyskon :) Jo det är jättekul att ha kontakt med syskonen. Hoppas kunna träffa dom oftare när jag flyttar söderut! :)
Såg att annlouice hade skrivt om gällivareutställningen.. Ska ni dit? Jag tror jag ska prova ställa ut Immer där :)

åsah said...

jag svarar här för att det var flera mess om samma sak.

Annloice- jag har skrivit upp det i kalendern och jobbar inte den helgen. Så jag ska försöka komma upp! (om jag har råd)

Sussie- jag hoppas jag kan åka också! vore kul! Ailas kennel ska också vara där!