April 11, 2009

Amazing day!









It's so sunny and nice today..

After having made my pasta salad, I met up with Jessi at 10 am, and we went to a nice spot. We stayed there training until 2.30 or something, and then I decided to take a walk. So I just picked a random spot on the GPS and ended up next to a really nice lake in some nature reserve. Aila pissed me off by running away twice (eventhough she always comes back after a few minutes, it's not right!). So I think I'm not gonna let her run freely as much any more! When I'm walking in the forest I'll keep her next to me. And she'll have to do the running some other time, maybe when I go running with her, and maybe I'll start biking. She'll also do some running when playing with Vazy or when I'll start the Agility. But I don't think it's right that she's running away chasing animals! We'll see for how long I'll manage to keep this up...

The training session went down like this;
We met up with Jessi's friend.
Then we started talking about what to do. We also tried some different obedience things to see what we have to work on now.. Still same things for us.
Then we had some food, but we forgot to make the track, so that'll be some other time.
After the food we started teaching Vazy to run out 30-50 meters ahead to a bowl of food. That's the starting point of teaching her to fetch objects that we'll put out. She really loves learning new stuff!
We tried the same thing with Aila, but it was a bit harder, because she's not used to running away from me. But we finally managed, so that was cool!
Olivia was doing really good, with fetching all the objects. She's really a lot more advanced than us. But I think that Vazy is gonna enjoy this activity!

Then we practiced the "square". Vazy gets it faster and faster! And today we also moved the square around, so that she really had to look for it. She always found it, eventhough she sometimes still goes to the cones.
Then we made it harder by teaching her to go to a bigger cone, and then to the square. But amazingly enough she managed that too! Even without anything inside the square.. She's so good!!
Then we tried teaching Aila to go into the square. It's quite a lot harder to train her, because she loses interest really quickly. So we tried a few times, first with a target, and then without. She managed a few times, but then she got bored..

She also got to play a lot with Olivia, and she loves that. Finally a dog that doesn't run straight over her!

It was really nice, and tomorrow I hope we'll get to go to the club to try some agility and other stuff..

Here are some pics from the walk. I almost cried 'cause I didn't have my camera, 'cause there was this cool place with a big water puddle, and the light in between the trees. There was some ice in the puddle that made the colour look almost "turquoise".

These pics will have to do until later when I'll get some of Jessi's!

Now the dogs are sleeping nicely on the floor after almost 4 hours of training and more than 1 hour walk...

Have a great day!!

(ps. I really like making my dogs climb stuff, as you can see...)

No comments: