May 18, 2009

Playing petanque (boule)

Yesterday the dogs were a bit neglected, I have so much to do for my course at university at the moment..and then I also had the basic obedience course again. Yesterday they got to try different scent exercises. It was really fun and it inspired me to do a bit more of that..! This summer I would like to start training "area search". we'll see...

Anyway, afterward we went to a park in town playing petanque. The dogs got a small walk as well. While we were playing I had put them lying down in the shadow. And they stayed there for the whole game (and even 2). About an hour or so.. ! Even with dogs, people, bikes passing. People playing freesbee next to us.. They're amazing! And Aila didn't bark! She only let out one little bark when an Amstaff came running towards them. But they didn't get up! So proud of my little doggies!

Today we're gonna have a "dog-day". First I have class, but after that I'm going to walk a German Shepherd called Sacco. My dogs will ofcourse come with us. Then I'm planning on going a bit early to the club to train Aila and some obedience before the training group in agility.. We'll see if it starts to rain, because I'm getting a bit sick I think.. so I better stay in if it's raining too much (but I'll still go to the agility training)..

If anyone feels like training some area search with me, just give me a shout! I'd really like to try it out....

No comments: