May 9, 2009

Aila lost her freedom part 2.





Well. As I said before, I was doing pretty well with Aila's "not-hunting-training". But today we're back to square one!
We went for a nice walk in a national park. In the beginning all went well. She was gonna hunt, but I shouted quickly at her, and she came back and got loads of treats. But then I looked away for one second and she was gone. Just after we saw an elk 50 meters away. And I guess Aila must have hunted off another.. So now she's lost her freedom again. Because she can pass animals very well when she's at my side, but not when she's 20 meters ahead.
She was away for about 10-15 minutes, and we could hear her barking way off in the forest. Luckily there were no roads or nothing, and she came back fairly quickly. She walked next to me for the rest of the walk without any trouble.
It's not so much fun that I can't give her any freedom, but.. That's life I guess!

I also have to add that Vazy was amazing! She saw the elk, and smelled it. But chose not to go after... Luckily I don't have two hunters!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Åå vilken jägare du har=) Ja det är ju mäst synd om dom själva... Oki det var på onsdag du skulle tävla. Helt rätt inställning tycker jag. Det viktigaste är att man har kul! Annars kan man lika gärna stanna hemma... =) Det går bra för oss tycker jag, men resultatet visar sig ju på tävling=) Ska bli spännande å se hur det går för er! Lycka till igen!! =)

Madelen said...

Du har det precis som jag, bara att min kommer tillbaka inom en minut.

Marlene said...

Fy vad drygt med jakten! Om det är någon tröst så jagade Fokuz både kanin och Rådjur under resan söderöver! Vi har ju inte så mkt rådjur och kaniner här uppe, eller vi ser dem väldigt sällan då de hinner fly fortare i våra stora skogar...

Caroline said...

Haaa ma pauvre asah, tu me comprends maintenant sauf que moi j'en ai deux comme cela. Bien qu'ils ne chassent pas de la même manière, Apache reste vers nous mais si il voit quelque chose il part comme Aila. Balka furette un peu partout mais elle ne va pas loin comme apache, sauf si elle le suit!!!!bon courage