May 20, 2009

Agility and "object" search



Back from the club.
It was fun!! But I'm so tired now!
I went a bit early to have time to take a walk and do something with Vazy. So I did, for the first time, a search for objects. Vazy LOVED it!! I haven't seen her so happy to do something for a while. I love that she works so hard and never gives up. She managed to bring in three objects, 3 times. First I made a zig zag pattern, inspired by Jessi and the course I had last week. Maybe 10-15 meters out. I put the objects far back to get her to run out. She remembered where I put the last object (a ball), and ran straight out to get it. Cause now in the beginning I'm letting her see when I put the objects out. And then she had a hard time understanding that she was supposed to get more objects. So she just looked around me. But then I went out with her for a bit, and clicked a few times when she got the object. So next time around, I made the same thing, but a few meters further back. Then she easily got all 3 objects! Third time around, I did it just because she thought it was so much fun. Then I made it even further, and I've must have been at 20 meters or maybe 25. She ran straight out and got the ball, then the other object. But the third that was futher back, took a bit more time. The wind was blowing towards her, so it was easy. That was a really good start. Gonna continue this.

Aila was really good at the agility. She seems to think it's really fun. We did some slalom, some "box exercises" and a small and easy track. She managed everything. She needs to get more distance from me though, she's staying too close. But she really understood the whole staying on the right, if I have my right hand out. I can't say that's working with Vazy. She always wanna come in on the left, no matter what. Have to train more right handling with her.
We also did the flat tunnel, which she's never tried before. She's such a wuss! As soon as it touched her back, she got all weird and didn't wanna do it again. But still, she did it quite a few times, and I guess it's just like with the A etc. She just needs time..

Tomorrow I'm gonna train with Jessi for the competition.

Oh yeah, there's a nice girl with a kelpie at the course. She's also training obedience, maybe we'll get another member to out "training group" that would be cool! 3

2 comments:

Tonje said...

Hei på dere:) Så mye moro som var i bloggen din, en stund siden jeg har vært innom. Kjempe gøy med filmsnuttene av lydigheta! Inspirerende!:o)

Må nesten gå ut å trene nå, vært lat i dag. Deilig med noen slike dager også!
Klem,Tonje

Marlene said...

Vad var det för Kelpie? (Ja jag vet jag är en Kelpienörd! ;) )

Kul att hon gillade upplet!

Vad ska ni tävla?